Wednesday, March 18, 2009

faith

i'm sitting here, waiting to hear about jonah's diagnosis. i've heard that the news might not come tonight, but i'm impatiently waiting, just wanting to know what this little "label" will mean for jonah, patrice, matt and the rest of their family.

faith. it's something that i've had to rely on a lot lately. i've always been what many would call an optimist--there's a silver lining to every cloud, there's a positive aspect to every situation i encounter. very rarely do i just say, "this bites," and wallow in it. i can't, i won't, and it's not natural for me to do so.

so i surround myself with reminders of my faith. faith as small as a mustard seed. faith that will move mountains. even at work, i have a sign by my desk that reads, "faith makes things possible--not easy." things are not always going to be easy or go exactly as planned, but it takes faith to believe that they can happen. that the things that we hope for can occur.

faith.

"be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." ~romans 12:12


and a quick prayer for my family, as my grandma fell earlier today and broke her wrist. she's done this before, but they're going to do surgery this time and put in a plate.

my grandma is awesome. i was just recently telling a kid at youth group about our trip to europe after my senior year of high school, and she was surprised to hear that my grandma came, too. i said, "are you kidding? my grandma outwalked us all!" she walks every morning with her sister-in-law, who lives next door.
she still dictates recipes to me over the phone when i don't remember the exact ingredients for a casserole or dessert, and she taught me how to sew and many of my other yarn crafts. though this is not a huge surgery or anything too major, just say a quick prayer for her and for a speedy recovery :)


No comments:

Post a Comment