Monday, January 11, 2010

i heart faces: best face

it's another birthday week over at i heart faces, with 18 guest judges! wow! i have loved participating in the photo challenges over the past year (i just found the website back in july, actually, so i missed out on the first half of the year) but it's been great for challenging me and helping me grow in my photography.

so for my best face picture--i'll admit, that dec/jan requirement is killing me. i have so many great faces i took in october and november that i would LOVE to use. it's just been too cold lately and i pretty much took most of december off. but i did have a few to choose from, so i decided to share one of my youngest favorite faces--less than 24 hours old in this picture.

my co-worker stephanie delivered riley the first weekend in december, and just in time! she was a big baby--over 9 lbs if i remember correctly. i went up to the hospital the next day to get a couple of pictures for the family. i added a texture to this one and was happy with the overall effect. i was using my new 35 mm lens and trying really hard not to use flash in a poorly lit hospital room. she's an adorable little girl and we've had fun seeing her around the office over the past couple of weeks!

be sure to check out i heart faces to see other photographers' "best faces" this week!