Wednesday, January 20, 2010

worship music wednesday

this weekend, at a youth event that we regularly go to, the band played a david crowder song that i hadn't heard before. a surprise to me, honestly, because i thought i knew most of their songs. but this one came at just the right time. we did several songs right in a row--"how he loves us," "we are yours" (which i may use for a future wednesday) and this one--and it was just amazing worship. chris said he just stopped playing at one point and listenened, and my friend david who was up in the sound booth agreed that it sounded awesome with almost 500 teenagers and adults singing together so beautifully, so powerfully.

but this song, in particular, captured me. brought me back from a gym full of other people to just me and God. "it's just you and me here and now..."



(the lyrics--simple, but so so wonderful.)

Take my heart, I Lay it down
At the feet of you whose crowned
Take my life, I’m letting go
I lift it up to You who’s throned

And I will worship You, Lord
Only You, Lord
And I will bow down before You
Only You Lord

Take my fret, take my fear
All I have, I’m leaving here
Be all my hopes, be all my dreams
You're my delights, be my everything

And It’s just you and me here now
Only you and me here now

You should see the view
When it’s only You

i should have time to publish more about this past weekend and MLK day later on tonight or tomorrow morning. sorry for the delay, but it's been a busy busy week :)